Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Twitter becoming a real platform ...

Twitter is becoming a real platform. I don't know if it really needs to limit things to 140 characters, but people are certainly using it for some interesting applications. Lately, I've been using TwitterFeed to blast content out from my RSS stream of news, hashtags to make things interesting for readers, TweetSum to check on potential followers, Twitter Grader to check on potential followers, and now Twitter Fountain to animate current tweets. If you'd like to embed a twitter fountain in your own page or blog, try this embed code:



I may be old fashioned (or just old), but what I really want is to be able to create and manage a list of pages/blogs/search terms, and get e-mailed every time there is a change or addition. I'd like a summary of the change in the e-mail, with enough text/image to get the context, and a link back to the original. Maybe even a "diff" function or "history" like with Wikipedia. E-mail is a lot easier for me to organize, search, archive, and transfer than RSS or tweets.

Anyone willing to build such a tool? Anyone know where I can get such a tool? Thanks ...

No comments:

Post a Comment